When you’re traveling, it’s important that you’re rested enough to enjoy yourself. I If you’re not getting enough sleep, you will feel tired and won’t be able to enjoy the exciting sights and experiences of your trip. Getting a good night’s sleep is always important, but even more so when you’re traveling.
There are plenty of ways to help you sleep well while traveling:
– Try to get as much exposure to natural sunlight as possible when you arrive
– Take B vitamins early on the travel day
– Avoid exercise 2 hours before bed
– Drinking warm milk or cocoa about 2 hours before bed is helpful
– Avoid eating large meals before bed
– Keep lights dim before bed and avoid looking at computer and TV screens
– Use an eye mask or ear plugs to keep out light and noises
Some people find it difficult to sleep in a hotel. Unfamiliar surroundings, noise, a new bed and the local climate can keep you awake as well. Trying to stick to your regular sleep schedule, exercising during the day, and adjusting the settings in your hotel room can help you feel more comfortable and fall asleep easier.
Keep in mind that it is especially important to rest on the way to your destination if it is going to be daytime when you arrive. However, if you will be arriving in the evening or at night, it’s best to stay awake so that you will want to sleep when you get there and easily adjust to the time change.