5 Easy Tips to Get Work Done In Bed!
With the rise of mobile devices and Internet-based collaboration, it’s easier than ever to get your work done in places other than the office. And what better place to get work done from the comfort of your own bed?
Don’t scoff! From Winston Churchill to F. Scott Fitzgerald, even René Descartes, plenty of historical luminaries have accomplished some amazing things in the cozy confines of their own bedroom. The tricky part is figuring out how to stay productive in an environment that is better suited to the exact opposite. Here are just a few ways to get more work done without having to commute!
1. Eliminate Distractions – One of the downsides to being able to take work home with you is that everything else comes with it. We’ve all been there: you Google a name really quick, which leads you a YouTube video, which leads you to a Wikipedia page…next thing you know it’s 5 hours later! Forbid yourself from opening distracting sites and networks like Facebook or YouTube. A few digressions here or there can add up big time over the long run!
2. Keep It Light – It’s tempting to keep the room dark and maintain a relaxing environment. But even if you’re not doing any reading, it’s still important to have plenty of light in the room while you work. Even a little bit of strain can weaken your eyes and even cause painful headaches.
3. Mind the Time – Self-discipline is crucial to working outside an office. You delay getting started before your mind is clear, then you decide you would like a snack while you work, then you need to use the restroom, then it’s time for a break…it can all be quite counter-productive. Decide on a set time where only work is to be done, and set aside a specific time for breaks and meals. And don’t forget the most import part: stick to the schedule!
4. Gather Support – Working from bed is definitely comfortable, but this soft surface also needs to provide support. Otherwise, you may start to feel soreness in your muscles, stiffness in your joints, or even headaches from a strained neck. Get an ergonomic pillow or even an adjustable bed to keep you upright and on-task!
5. Star of the Show – Obviously, the one thing that could make your bedroom office exceptional is a great, comfortable bed. Just like a desk chair or the seat of your car, it needs to be comfortable and perfectly suited for your body.
Mattresses for Less has all the top brands and trusted names in bedding to get you perfectly set up for a bedside office. As Houston’s adjustable bed headquarters, there’s no reason to shop anywhere else! Visit one of their many convenient Houston-area locations and get on the road to a more comfortable, convenient workspace. Just be sure to clear it with your boss first!