9 Tips For Buying The Best Mattress For You
There is no “one size fits all” when it comes to mattresses. Every person has a different idea of what is comfortable, so it makes sense why different mattresses work better for some rather than others. Many people suffer from different back diseases and experience pain in various places. Luckily, several different types of mattresses have been created to cater to different medical ailments. It is extremely important to find the best mattress for you in order to ensure a good night’s rest each and every night! The last thing you want is to become sleep deprived, because that brings on a whole new range of issues.
That being said, there are several tips to help you avoid purchasing the wrong mattress. Here are 9 tips to help you on your mattress shopping journey!
- Do your research. Learn about all the different types of mattresses and what types of people they are best suited for. This way you can narrow down the possible options. This will help you to avoid being talked into buying the wrong one.
- Talk to the doctor. Your doctor will have helpful advice when it comes to selecting the best mattress for you. If you have a back related health condition, it is even more beneficial to speak with your doctor because they will have a vast knowledge on what type of mattress will help ease the pain.
- Pillow top mattresses aren’t for everyone. Not everyone needs a thick pillow top mattress. In fact, some would do much better on a firmer mattress to better support their spine. This doesn’t mean rule out pillow tops because some people (especially heavier people) will benefit greatly from choosing this option.
- Firm isn’t always better. A common thought is that firmer mattresses are more supportive and better for the spine. While this may be the case for some, it is not a straight forward fact and is not true for everyone. So don’t decide on a firm mattress without considering all your options.
- Try an adjustable mattress! Certain back problems require slight elevation to ease the pain and some people are simply more comfortable at a slight incline. This is why adjustable beds are so great, they give you the option to adjust the shape of the mattress. You are no longer stuck with a flat mattress if that is not what works best for you!
- Comfort guarantee. Most of us search for the best price in order to save a little cash when making large purchases. It is important to ask about “comfort guarantees’ and “money-back guarantees” BEFORE you purchase. Good mattresses will have guarantees and warranties. (Mattresses For Less offers a Comfort Guarantee and they sell mattresses with warranties!)
- Protect your investment. Take good care of your mattress! Purchasing some sort of water proof protector is imperative because stains will void the warranty.
- Try all the options. With so many options it is important that you give them a try. Go into the shopping experience with an open mind because the best mattress for you may be one you would have never thought about! Make sure to spend the time necessary to make the right decision. Lay on each mattress for about 10 minutes so that you can actually get a feel for it. No need to rush, this is an important purchase!
- Shop at a real mattress store! Avoid shopping at furniture stores for a mattress. At real mattress stores the sales staff will have more training in the specifics of mattresses and sleep. Shop at a store with several different brands so that you can get a chance to try a large variety.